In this post, we have shared an overview and download link of Cardiac Intensive Care PDF. Read the overview below and download using links given at the end of the post.
Using a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach, this unique title expertly covers all the latest approaches to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Led by Dr David L. Brown, a stellar team of authoritative writers guides you through cardiac pathophysiology, disease states presenting in the CICU, and state-of-the-art advanced diagnosis and therapeutic techniques. A visually appealing format, new chapters, and thorough updates ensure that you stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly advancing field.
Features of Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition PDF:
- Discusses recent changes in cardiac intensive care, including new care paradigms, new mechanical support modalities, and new therapies and interventions.
- Contains 11 new chapters: Palliative Care, Temporary Pacemaker Insertion, Pericardiocentesis, Distributive Shock, Electrical Storm, Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest, Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices, Cardiorenal Syndrome, Fulminant Myocarditis, Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy, Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Online access features heart sounds and murmurs to accompany the chapter on history and physical examination, videos of clinical images and key procedures, frequently updated information on late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of new research publications, and more.
- Concisely yet thoroughly covers acute and severe heart failure, chronic pulmonary hypertension, life-threatening dysrhythmias, aortic dissection, and other cardiac conditions as they relate to intensive care.
- Explains drug therapy for key cardiac drugs, such as inotropes, vasodilators, anti-arrhythmics, diuretics, anticoagulants, and anti-platelets, and discusses important drug interactions.
- Ideal for all healthcare professionals involved in cardiac intensive care, including intensivists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, residents, fellows, cardiac nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices and contains an up to date collection of all relevant ACC/AHA and ESC guidelines.
Table of Contents:
Section I. Introduction
- Evolution of the Coronary Care Unit: Past, Present, and Future
- Ethical Issues of Care
- Physical Examination
Section II. Scientific Foundation of Cardiac Intensive Care
- The Role of the Cardiovascular System in Coupling the External Environment to Cellular Respiration
- Regulation of Cardiac Output
- Coronary Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Pathophysiology of Acute Coronary Syndromes: Plaque Rupture and Atherothrombosis
- Regulation of Hemostasis and Thrombosis
Section III. Coronary Artery Disease
- Diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Use of the Electrocardiogram in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Reperfusion Therapies for Acute ST- Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Adjunctive Pharmacologic Therapies in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Post–Myocardial Infarction Cardiogenic Shock
- Right Ventricular Infarction
- Mechanical Complications of Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Supraventricular and Ventricular Arrhythmias in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Conduction Disturbances in Acute Myocardial Infarction
Section IV. Noncoronary Diseases: Diagnosis and Management
- Acute Heart Failure and Pulmonary Edema
- Acute Fulminant Myocarditis
- Stress (Takotsubo) Cardiomyopathy
- Distributive Shock
- Cardiorenal Syndrome
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Acute Presentations of Valvular Heart Disease
- Hypertensive Emergencies
- Acute Aortic Syndromes: Diagnosis and Management
- Acute Pericardial Disease
- Acute Respiratory Failure
- Massive Acute Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Hemodynamically Unstable Presentations of Congenital Heart Disease in Adults
- Overdose of Cardiotoxic Drugs
Section V. Pharmacologic Agents in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Anticoagulation: Antithrombin Therapy
- Anti-platelet Therapy
- Inotropic and Vasoactive Agents
- Intensive Diuresis and Ultrafiltration
- Antiarrhythmic Electrophysiology and Pharmacotherapy
- Analgesics, Tranquilizers, and Sedatives
- Pharmacologic Interactions
Section VI. Advanced Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques: Indications and Technical Considerations
- Central Venous Access Procedures
- Temporary Pacing
- Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices
- Ventricular Assist Device Therapy in Advanced Heart Failure
- Heart Transplantation for Advanced Heart Failure
- Emergency Airway Management
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest
- Palliative Care
You might also be interested in:
Below are the technical specifications of Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition PDF:
- Book Name: Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition PDF
- Edition : 3rd Edition | | ISBN : 9780323529938
- Author Name: David L. Brown
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 791 Pages
Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition PDF Free Download:
You can easily download Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition PDF free by clicking the link given below.
Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. Doctorsbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Moreover Doctorsbooks.com server does not store any type of book,guide, software, or images. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet. Check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately.We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purpose and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests.