Today, in this article, we are going to share with you ABC of Dermatology pdf for free download. We hope that you all find this blog post useful.
The ABC of Dermatology is one of the latest books with very significant updates on dermatology and conditions related to skin health. It comes with more than 250 color diagrams and photographs, making it very engaging for medical students and learners.
The ABC of Dermatology sets an outstanding guide for medical education and mainly the training of new generations of non-dermatologists by covering the underlying concepts relating to the diagnosis and management of skin conditions.
The book represents a new challenge and commitment given the great amount of information and skills necessary in the physicians who have prepared the previous editions.
Features of the ABC of Dermatology:
- This book collects updates and basics on the most important topics in dermatology, and each chapter is overseen by a board-certified dermatologist and a group of residents.
- It provides detailed information on differentiated types of skin conditions treatments, which include off the specialist treatments, on prescription as well as “off the shelf” treatment.
- provides a summary of significant pathological procedures, diagnostic characteristics as well as dermatology learning topics.
- The book is organized in topics that allow the readers to focus on a topic area at a time.
- Besides, The ABC of Dermatologycontains detailed information on skin, hair, and nail diseases with treatment sections made easy to understand by the color illustrations.
The advantages of ABC of Dermatology
- The importance of this book is that dermatology is still viewed with contempt, compared to other subspecialties of internal medicine, as this branch includes more than 1,500 conditions.
- The stigma on this specialty, such as ignorance of other branches of medicine, sometimes makes it difficult to handle. As a result, it carries the assumption that general practitioners, and even more upcoming internists, should have a broad knowledge of the most common and important diseases in dermatology.
- The ABC of dermatology is a recommendable book for those seeking information concerning the diagnostic concepts of common skin conditions.
- The book is a new version of the previous editions and contains revised chapters of those editions with additional illustrations.
- It has also incorporated a new chapter regarding tropical dermatology that was previously an inclusion in the Australian “edition’s hot climates”. Besides, it has a chapter on “dermatology in general practice”
Paul K. Buxton is a renowned consultant dermatologist working in the dermatology department at the University of Addis Ababa as a visiting lecturer. He has previously worked at Fife Hospitals and Royal Infirmary Edinburgh as a consultant dermatologist.
Besides, Buxton is a pioneer editor of Community Dermatology Journal. He is also a member of various organizations and associations such as the Royal Society of Medicine and the British Association of Dermatologists.
The Significances of Studying Dermatology
The skin is far from being one of the least important tissues in the body; It is only necessary to remember that it is the most extensive tissue in the body and that it is the first barrier against many diseases, without underestimating its great importance in systemic diseases and its correlation with complex autoimmune functions.
Fortunately, the skin is the largest tissue and has the main advantage that it is visible to any doctor. Perhaps the main disease is not in the skin, but it can be reflected in this organ, including diseases of the central nervous system, endocrine, respiratory or metabolic.
Before carrying out any study, the mere fact of observing and studying the skin can be of great help to diagnose diseases such as hypothyroidism, syphilis, tuberculosis, or an adverse reaction to a drug. The large increase in the use of new drugs can have a cutaneous expression in many cases, such as the new drugs used in chemotherapy.
With these examples, we realize that the skin is one of the most stigmatized, but most important branches in the study and training of new doctors. At present, dermatology has received the strength of immunology, genetics, and other branches of medicine because, without a doubt, if we study the skin and its annexes correctly, we will be able to find answers to the many diseases that manifest themselves cutaneously.
It seems surprising that despite being one of the most accessible organs of the body, it remains in new generations as one of the least studied and most despised organs in the clinical context.
As a result, one may think about the reason for The ABC of Dermatology as an encouragement to anyone who may read it. One must try to understand the skin as one of the most interesting and extensive organs of the body. It is also the gateway for many diseases and the reflex in search of the diagnosis and treatment of many of them.
This book remains very relevant for anyone interested in studying skin conditions and could be what you are looking for in this area of expertise.
ABC of Dermatology pdf free download:
you can easily download free pdf of ABC of Dermatology by clicking the link given below.
You Might Like;
Hello everyone The information provided on this website is for educational purpose only. While we are strive to keep the information up to the date and correct. we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy. This website does not own copyrights of these share books, this is just for educational purpose and highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. We are not hosting any copyrighted contents on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that already found on the internet. We do not intend to infringe any intellectual property rights that may belong to the subjects the biographies on this site. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us.“